Precision Medicine Market 2019 Industry Share and Growth Opportunity
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), precision medicine is "an emerging approach for disease treatment and prevention that takes into account individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle for each person." This approach will allow doctors and researchers to predict more accurately which treatment and prevention strategies for a particular disease will work in which groups of people. It is in contrast to a "one-size-fits-all" approach, in which disease treatment and prevention strategies are developed for the average person, with less consideration for the differences between individuals.
Although the term "precision medicine" is relatively new, the concept has been a part of healthcare for many years. For example, a person who needs a blood transfusion is not given blood from a randomly selected donor; instead, the donors blood type is matched to the recipient to reduce the risk of complications. Although examples can be found in several areas of medicine, the role of precision medicine in day-to-day healthcare is relatively limited. Researchers hope that this approach will expand to many areas of health in coming years.
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables & Figures
- Research Methodology
More Detailed Market Analysis of Precision Medicine Industry @ Free PDF Sample copy
The classification of precision medicine includes diagnostics and therapies, and the proportion of diagnostics in 2016 is about 68%.
Precision Medicine is used for oncology, neurosciences, immunology, respiratory and other field. The most proportion of precision medicine is for oncology, and the revenue in 2016 is 4.3 billion USD.
Germany is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 22% in 2016. Following Germany, France is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 18%.
The global Precision Medicine market is valued at xx million US$ in 2018 and will reach xx million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of xx% during 2019-2025. The objectives of this study are to define, segment, and project the size of the Precision Medicine market based on company, product type, end user and key regions.
This report studies the global market size of Precision Medicine in key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa, focuses on the consumption of Precision Medicine in these regions.
This research report categorizes the global Precision Medicine market by top players/brands, region, type and end user. This report also studies the global Precision Medicine market status, competition landscape, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, sales channels and distributors.
The following manufacturers are covered in this report, with sales, revenue, market share for each company:
- Johnson & Johnson
- GE Healthcare
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Abbott Laboratories
- Almac Group
- Intel Corporation
- Biomrieux Sa
- Randox Laboratories
Market size by Product
Market size by End User
Market size by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
The study objectives of this report are:
- To study and analyze the global Precision Medicine market size (value & volume) by company, key regions, products and end user, breakdown data from 2014 to 2018, and forecast to 2025.
- To understand the structure of Precision Medicine market by identifying its various subsegments.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- Focuses on the key global Precision Medicine companies, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape and recent development.
- To project the value and sales volume of Precision Medicine submarkets, with respect to key regions.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market