You are here
The oligonucleotide synthesis, modification and purification services market
The oligonucleotide synthesis, modification and purification services market is expected to grow at an annualized rate of over 10%, claims Roots Analysis
The rapidly growing demand for oligonucleotides, coupled to complex manufacturing procedures and high capital investments required for setting up manufacturing facilities, has generated a range of new opportunities for custom manufacturers
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Modification and Purification Services Market: Focus on Research, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications, 2020-2030” report to its list of offerings.
In fact, several big pharma companies are known to outsource more than half of their clinical-stage oligonucleotide manufacturing operations. Anticipating a sharp rise in demand, oligonucleotide manufacturers are increasingly consolidating their portfolios, building new capabilities and expanding their respective capacities, mostly through acquisitions, in order to gain a competitive edge.
To order this 300+ page report, which features 140+ figures and 190+ tables, please visit this link
Key Market Insights
Presently, there are 270+ trials evaluating a number of oligonucleotide-based interventions
Of these, around 40% are investigating the use of antisense oligonucleotides. Till date, more than 47,000 patients have been enrolled in ongoing / planned trials; majority of them being enrolled in Europe.
Over 80 companies claim to offer manufacturing services, at different scales of operation, for oligonucleotides
The market landscape is currently dominated by the presence of small firms (1-50 employees), which represent close to 50% of the total number of industry stakeholders. This is followed by the larger and more established firms (~32%) and mid-sized players (~20%). More than 40% of service providers claim to operate at all scales of operation.
More than 70% service providers focus on production of oligonucleotides for research and diagnostic applications
However, several players are shifting their focus onto manufacturing oligonucleotides for therapeutic use. It worth highlighting that close to 20% of service providers engaged in this domain claim to offer manufacturing services for research, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading manufacturers of oligonucleotides for use in research, diagnostic and therapeutic applications?
- What are the preferred custom synthesis, modification and purification methods used for oligonucleotides?
- What are the key challenges faced by oligonucleotide manufacturers?
- What kind of partnership models are commonly adopted by industry stakeholders?
- What are the recent expansion initiatives undertaken by service providers within this domain?
- What is the annual clinical and commercial demand for oligonucleotides?
- What is the current, installed manufacturing capacity for oligonucleotides?
- What percentage of oligonucleotide manufacturing operations are outsourced to service providers?
- What are the opportunities in emerging markets for oligonucleotide manufacturing?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- What are the anticipated future trends related to oligonucleotide manufacturing?
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- China Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030
- China Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Services Market, 2020-2030
- Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030
- Peptide Therapeutics: Contract API Manufacturing Market, 2020-2030
- Live Biotherapeutic Products and Microbiome Contract Manufacturing Market: Focus on Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Finished Dosage Forms, 2020-2030
Street name: A430, 4th Floor, Bestech Business Towers, Sector 66,
Pin Code: 160059
Contact Number: +14158003415
We provide market research and consulting in the pharmaceutical industry. Focussed on providing an informed and impartial view on key issues facing the industry, our research is primarily driven by an in-depth analysis covering the following parameters:
Research and development
Existing market landscape
Future Commercial potential
Regional growth drivers
Risks and opportunities
We specialise in analysing areas which have lacked quality research so far or require more focussed understanding within the broader industry. All our reports are structured in a way to enable the reader develop a thorough perspective on the given subject. Apart from writing reports on identified areas, we also provide bespoke research / consulting services dedicated to serve our clients in the best possible way.