You are here
Insights and latest trends on Interposer and Fan-Out WLP Market- Global Forecast to 2022
Interposer and Fan-Out WLP Market by Application (Logic, Imaging & Optoelectronics, Memory, MEMS/Sensors, LED, Power), Packaging Technology (TSV, Interposer, and Fan-Out WLP), End-User Industry, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
The global interposer and fan-out WLP market is expected to be valued at USD 13.42 Billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 28.09% between 2016 and 2022.
The growth of this market is mainly driven by the rising trend of miniaturization of electronics devices; increasing demand for advanced architecture in smartphones, tablets, and gaming devices; and increased usage of advanced wafer level packaging technologies in MEMS and sensors.
The major objectives of the study are as follows:
- To define, describe, and forecast the overall interposer and fan-out wafer-level packaging (FOWLP) market on the basis of application, packaging technology, end-user industry, and region
- To forecast the size of the market segments with respect to four main regions—North America (NA), Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW)
- To provide detailed information regarding the key factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contribution to the total market
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the interposer and fan-out wafer-level packaging (FOWLP) market
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market position in terms of ranking and core competencies, along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To analyze the strategic developments such as new product launches and related developments, acquisitions, expansions, and agreements in the interposer and fan-out wafer-level packaging (FOWLP) market
Through-silicon Vias (TSVs) held the largest size of the interposer and fan-out WLP market in 2015
TSV is one of the most compact package types with increased functionality. TSV has gained popularity in space-constrained mobile applications and is used in portable consumer devices as well as industrial products as it is a cost-effective, compact, lightweight, and high-performing semiconductor. The rising demand for advanced memory packages such as flash and hybrid memory, image sensors, and others in the consumer electronics industry is driving the growth of this market.
Speak To Analyst@
The market for memory applications to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022
The use of interposer and fan-out WLP is expected to provide a cost-effective solution and drive the wide-scale adoption of this technology in potential end products. The average number of stacked dice in memory modules is likely to grow with the increasing usage of interposers. Moreover, innovations in advanced data storage such as flash memory, hybrid memory cube, and so on are creating a demand for interposer and fan-out WLP to develop high-performing compact memory solutions. In addition, the advent of complex device designs has brought new challenges in interconnections such as need for higher I/O density and performance requirements, which are efficiently addressed by interposer and fan-out WLP.
APAC accounted for the largest share of the interposer and fan-out WLP market in 2015
The major factors driving the growth of the market in APAC include the presence of major semiconductor foundries, including TSMC (Taiwan) and UMC (Taiwan); proximity to major downstream electronics manufacturing operations; government-sponsored infrastructure support; tax incentives; and availability of skilled engineers and labor at a relatively low cost.
The major players operating in the interposer and fan-out WLP market include Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (Taiwan), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Toshiba Corp. (Japan), ASE Group (Taiwan), Amkor Technology (U.S.), Qualcomm Incorporated (U.S.), Texas Instruments (U.S.), United Microelectronics Corp. (Taiwan), STMicroelectronics NV (Switzerland), Broadcom Ltd. (Singapore), Intel Corporation. (U.S.), Jiangsu Changing Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. (China), and Infineon Technologies AG (Germany).
Mr. Shelly Singh
UNIT no 802, Tower no. 7, SEZ
Magarpatta city, Hadapsar
Pune, Maharashtra 411013, India
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 5000 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets™ are tracking global high growth markets following the "Growth Engagement Model – GEM". The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write "Attack, avoid and defend" strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets™ now coming up with 1,500 MicroQuadrants (Positioning top players across leaders, emerging companies, innovators, strategic players) annually in high growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets™ is determined to benefit more than 10,000 companies this year for their revenue planning and help them take their innovations/disruptions early to the market by providing them research ahead of the curve.